- 2 cups oatmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Organic Maple Valley maple sugar
- 1/2 cup Organic Maple Valley maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oatmeal, flour, 1/2 cup of the pecans, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a mixer to blend together the butter and a 1/2 cup of the maple sugar. Add the maple syrup and the egg. Beat until smooth.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until well incorporated.
- With a 1.5 tablespoon-sized ice-cream scoop, place equal amounts of batter onto each baking sheet. Be sure to leave 2-3 inches of space between each mound of batter.
- Gently press the batter with the back of your hand or fingers to form a small round shape roughly 1/4-1/2 inch in thickness.
- In a small bowl, toss together the remaining maple sugar and pecans.
- Sprinkle approximately 1 teaspoon of the mixture onto each flattened cookie.
- Bake each cookie sheet separately for 8-11 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a minute after removing them from the oven.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to continue the cooling process.