Preparing For The Master Cleanse
How to prepare for the Master Cleanse *
“Easing in” to the master cleanse gives your body a chance to prepare for the fast. Most experts suggest a period of four to five days before you begin the actual lemonade diet. The following suggestions are intended to “ease” your body into the fast.
Day 1: Master Cleanse Preparation: Eliminate Unhealthy Foods
On the first day of easing in, begin to develop more awareness about the foods you choose and notice which are fresh and raw. Begin to focus on these types of food and eliminate all processed foods, meat, dairy, alcohol, caffeine and sugar. Choose organic whole foods.
Day 2: Master Cleanse Preparation: Fruits and Vegetables
On Day 2, completely eliminate all processed foods, meat, dairy, alcohol, caffeine and processed sugars from your meals. Instead, opt for fresh, organic fruits and fresh, organic vegetables. Eat as much of your food raw as possible. Continue reading The Master Cleanser.
Day 3: Master Cleanse Preparation: Liquids Only
Switch to a liquid diet to prepare your body and mind for the days ahead. If you have a juicer or blender, then make fresh vegetable and fruit smoothies and juices from organic produce. You can also make light vegetable soups and broths for this day.
Day 4: Master Cleanse Preparation: Orange Juice Only
In The Master Cleanser, author Stanley Burroughs cautions readers to break their fast with a day of consuming only orange juice. Use this same strategy for the last day of the easing in period. Drink several glasses of fresh-squeezed, organic orange juice during the day. If you feel hungry, you can add a tablespoon or two of maple syrup to the juice. Also drink plenty of water. At night, in preparation for starting the lemonade diet, take the laxative tea.
Day 5: Start the Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet
Now your body is more prepared for the cleanse.
Master Cleanse Lemonade Detox Diet Tips
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup per 10 oz glass for detox or weight loss
- Minimum 6 glasses lemonade per day
- Nightly herbal laxative tea
- Morning salt water flush (or plain warm water for a gentler flush)
- Use organic ingredients and purified water. (Many purifiers will not take out fluoride, so buy bottled water if you have fluoride in your water.)
- Water and Peppermint tea are the only other things to have while on the cleanse
- Every time you get hungry, drink another lemonade!
- Don’t leave home without your lemonade! If you go out for the day, pre-make your lemonade and take it with you, or take your ingredients and make it fresh at work if you can. Make sure you take enough.
- Rest when you’re tired and your body says rest.
- Cleanse with a group – it’s fun, and you’ve got support!
The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Nothing on this website should be considered as health or medical advice. The information and products offered on this website are not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease or condition. Always consult with a doctor or trusted health professional before following any dietary, nutritional, or herbal recommendations.
Maple Valley is a producer of organic maple syrup and does not manufacture Master Cleanse products. We provide the ingredients for the Master Cleanse solely for the convenience of our customers.
The content on this website is provided solely for educational purposes; anyone who follows it does so voluntarily. Each individual must use their own judgment as to a product’s use. Maple Valley Cooperative cannot assume any responsibility for the information or products on this website and cannot take any responsibility for adverse reactions. The information taken from this website and acted upon by the reader or other interested parties is carried out at that individual’s own personal risk.