Maple Kettle Corn
Time for another festive maple treat that’s great year-round: maple kettle corn! This recipe is fast, delicious, and a real crowd-pleaser. Plus, can you beat that golden caramel color?
Making Maple Kettle Corn at home is pretty straight forward: you only need popcorn, cooking oil of your choice (use coconut oil to make it vegan), salt, and our Organic maple syrup.
- First, warm the oil on medium-high in a heavy-bottomed pan with a lid. Make sure you have a big enough pan!
- Place two kernels of popcorn in the pan. Once they both pop, the oil is ready. Remove them and dump the rest of the corn into the pan. Remove it from the heat for about 30 seconds, shaking to coat the kernels evenly in the oil.
- Once back on the heat, wait until the corn starts popping frequently. Remove it from the heat again and quickly stir in the maple syrup and salt.
- We highly suggest all kids/pets are out of the way for this part. There’s a lot of hot hot hot steam and some potential for hot oil splattering. Be careful!
- Place the pan back on the burner and shake the pan frequently to prevent burning. Once there are 3-5 seconds between pops, turn off the heat. Shake one more time for good measure and dump the corn onto parchment or waxed paper. Let it cool a bit, then eat up!
1/4 Cup heat-safe oil (coconut to make it vegan)
1/3 Cup popcorn kernels
3 Tablespoons Maple Valley Cooperative Dark & Robust Maple Syrup
Pinch of salt
- Melt oil over medium-high in a heavy-bottomed saucepan with a lid. Add three kernels of popcorn and place lid on pan.
- Once all 3 kernels have popped, remove from heat and take out 3 popped kernels. Dump in remaining popcorn and replace lid. Shake popcorn for 30 seconds off the heat to coat with the cooking oil.
- Place pan back on heat. Once popcorn begins popping actively, remove from heat again and stir in maple syrup and salt. Return to heat. Shake frequently to prevent burning!
- Popping is complete when there are 3-5 seconds between pops.
- Dump kettle corn onto parchment paper and let cool slightly.