We thought we’d cater to our vegan and gluten-free friends out there with this tasty Pumpkin Spice Waffle recipe. Soooo delish, even if you normally love your dairy and gluten, you’ll be enjoying these crispy on the outside and moist on the inside waffles. We bet you’ll ask for seconds!
If you are one of those people that likes to know the origins of the food you’re eating – we’ve got you covered in this blog all about the origin of the waffle: https://maplevalleysyrup.coop/the-origin-of-the-waffle/
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (We used Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 baking flour)
- ¼ cup Maple Valley maple sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
- 2 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or 1 ¼ teaspoons cinnamon, ¾ teaspoon ginger, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon cloves)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups nondairy milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup aquafaba (egg white substitute, the liquid leftover from cooked chickpeas or drained from a can of chickpeas)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oat flour, gluten-free flour, maple sugar, arrowroot powder, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the nondairy milk, pumpkin puree, aquafaba. Then whisk in the coconut oil and vanilla extract and quickly pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients (you want to prevent the melted coconut oil from solidifying once it hits the cooler wet ingredients). Stir until fully combined.
- Preheat your waffle iron, if needed. Pour the batter in your waffle iron, and cook according to your waffle iron’s instructions. Serve immediately with Maple Valley organic maple syrup. Enjoy!
- Optional: Sprinkle some cashew pieces on top or pecans.