- Grease a 9×13” casserole dish.
- Combine bread chunks and chopped apple pieces and create an even layer in the bottom of the dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients for the casserole and pour evenly over the bread and apple layer ensuring that all pieces of bread get moistened.
- Cover the casserole dish and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning when ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the casserole for 35-40 minutes.
- While casserole bakes, in a medium bowl, combine ingredients for the topping. Add the butter and mash into the dry mixture until it forms a crumbly mixture.
- Remove casserole from the oven (some people like it more moist than others – check doneness with knife in the center, it may need another 5-10 minutes). If close to done, spread crumble mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake the casserole for another 5 minutes or until the topping is melted and crisped.
- Serve while warm with Maple Valley syrup drizzled over the top.