It’s summer and the days are getting hotter. Show some love by whipping up this cold and satisfying sweet treat! Some people get confused between an ice cream “soda” and a “float.” Traditionally, sodas contain syrups and cream, while with a float the ice cream “floats” on top of the soda water.
Making Maple Ice Cream Soda is quick and easy with only four ingredients. Surprise the kids or get them involved in the process, either way the end result is DELICIOUS goodness for everyone!
This is a treat to delight young and old alike. You can elevate for a real adult after-dinner treat with the addition of alcohol – dark or spiced rum or a smooth whiskey or bourbon.
Maple, it’s not just for breakfast!
By the glass
- 3 Tbsp Maple Valley maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp half-and-half
- Unflavored soda water
- Real vanilla ice cream
- Real whipped cream (optional)
- Maple Valley maple sugar (optional)
- Tall glass (16 to 20 ounces)
- Straw (consider purchasing reusable stainless steel straws)
- Long spoon
- Ice cream scoop
1. Chill the glass or glasses in the freezer in advance
2. Pour the Maple Valley maple syrup into the bottom of the glass.
3. Add the half-and-half and blend syrup and cream together well.
4. Slowly add the soda water so that glass is three-quarters full (don’t fill all the way or it will foam over)
5. Add two to three scoops of ice cream and stir all the ingredients.
6. Optional: top your soda with whipped cream and garnish with a shake or two of Maple Valley maple sugar.
7. Serve your soda with a straw and a long-handled spoon.
• Another option for multiple servings is to make a pitcher of Maple Valley Maple Cream Soda and do the final blending by adding the ice cream into each individual glass.