Maple Turmeric Chicken & Orzo Salad
- 1 ½ cup chicken cooked (can be cut into chunks or shredded)
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped into small pieces
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Maple Valley Cooperative Amber & Rich Organic Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Cook orzo in a pan of salted boiling water following the instructions on the package.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- While the orzo is cooking, combine the cooked chicken, spinach, pepper, and parsley in a large bowl.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together the ingredients in a separate bowl or measuring cup with a pour spout.
- Add the cooled orzo to the other combined ingredients. Pour the vinaigrette over it all and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.