Enjoy summer garden goodness with this recipe for Maple-Roasted Tomato Toast with Goat Cheese and Mint! Maple, it’s not just for breakfast!
Maple, it’s not just for breakfast
It’s that amazing time of summer when everything is ripening on the vine and in our garden rows. Summer’s bounty is here! Now, what to do with all that fresh and ripe garden goodness?
We’ve been bringing you ways to use maple syrup outside of the breakfast meal and so with that in mind as well as the garden brimming with goodness situation, we went in search of a savory recipe.
1 lb cherry tomatoes
3 tbsp Maple Valley maple syrup
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp chopped fresh mint, plus leaves for serving
Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
6 thick slices crusty white bread, toasted
4 oz goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Gently toss cherry tomatoes, maple syrup, olive oil, and chopped mint in a medium-sized bowl.
- Evenly spread the coated tomatoes on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast tomatoes until caramelized and tender, approximately 20 minutes.
- While tomatoes are roasting, toast the bread in toaster or toaster oven.
- Pour off roast liquid into a small bowl or a glass measuring cup with a spout.
- Drizzle each toast with roasting liquid, then spread with goat cheese and top with roasted tomatoes and mint leaves.
Recipe inspired by Epicurious.com
Looks & sounds fabulous!