Maple Pecan Granola Bowl
by Michelle Gerrard | Guest Contributor
- 4 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ cup raw nuts, use some of the Maple Whiskey Candied Pecans + Pepitas, our favorite are from Lark Ellen Farm
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup Maple Valley Cooperative Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, nuts and/or seeds, salt, zest and spices. Stir to blend.
Pour in the oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix well, until every oat and nut is lightly coated. Pour the granola onto your prepared pan and use a large spoon to spread it in an even layer.
Bake until lightly golden, about 21 to 24 minutes, stirring halfway. The granola will further crisp up as it cools.
Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed (at least 45 minutes). Top with the dried fruit. Break the granola into pieces with your hands if you want to retain big chunks! Enjoy! Get ready to assemble your bowl!
What you need for the perfect Granola Bowl//
- 1 cup plant or dairy based yogurt
- Handful of blueberries or any berries you love
- Pomegranate seeds
- Any other seasonal fruit you love
- Maple pecan granola
Layer the yogurt first, sprinkle granola chunks, fruit and another drizzle of maple syrup for good measure! Add some edible flowers if you are feeling fancy!
Michelle Gerrard is the author of The Vibrant Kitchen, Bruised Fruit and Untamed.
@michelle.nicole.gerrard | the-vibrant-kitchen.com