Maple Nut Fruit Bars
A healthy and filling snack or breakfast on the go!
- 1 cup pitted dates, heaped & packed
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 large egg
- 4 Tbsp organic Maple Valley Co-op maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil or ghee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cups desiccated (ground) coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins or sultanas
- 3/4 cup hazelnut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment/baking paper.
2. Roughly chop dates. Place in a bowl, pour boiling water over dates in bowl. Cover bowl and leave to soak for 30 mins.
3. Mash dates with potato masher or fork until it becomes a paste.
4. Add remaining Wet ingredients. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
5. Add Dry ingredients. Mix until all flour is incorporated into a thick batter.
6. Measure out just shy of 1/2 cup for each bar. Flatten to 2/3″ thick rectangles. Bake 20 minutes until golden.
7. Remove from oven, leave to cool on the baking sheet.