Deliciously rich maple goodness!
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Maple Valley maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp nutmeg (fresh grated is stronger)
- Whisk together egg yolks and maple syrup (or blend in a blender).
- Pour milk, cream, & nutmeg into a large saucepan, stirring constantly until the first signs of boiling.
- Remove immediately and whisk with maple egg mixture (or pour milk/cream slowly in to a moving blender of maple egg mixture).
- Pour all back in to pot, heating to 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Don’t let it boil!
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, and chill in a bowl of ice water or refrigerate.
- Serve with fresh grated nutmeg or cinnamon!