Maple Cornbread in a @lodgecastiron pan. Take to your next summer weekend picnic or BBQ. Everyone will be talking about it for days to come.
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup Maple Valley Maple Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup Oil of choice, Coconut or sunflower is our favorite
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease a 8 x 8 pan, or a 9 inch round cake pan.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, maple sugar, salt and baking powder and stir.
Now pour in the almond milk and canola oil. Stir until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
In order to make maple butter just whip together your favorite vegan butter or dairy butter with a couple of tablespoons of our maple syrup! And like magic, you have gorgeous whipped maple butter! Amazing right?