How about a special treat – for the holidays or anytime – Maple Candied Orange Peels!
- Remove peel from oranges in quarters.
- Cover peels with cold water, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and simmer until until soft.
- Drain. Using a spoon, remove the white portion from each peel. Cut the yellow portion in thin strips with a scissors.
- Place peels back into pot with 1.5 cups of maple syrup. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Simmer until very soft.
- Remove orange peels from syrup and cool on wax paper or cooling rack. Coat with maple sugar if desired.