Healthy and Delish Any Time of Day – Egg & Spinach Salad with Maple Valley Vinaigrette
Are you ready for a healthier you? Trying to find ways to eat more salads and greens but are running out of ideas? We’ve got you covered. This is a quick, healthy and delicious salad to enjoy as a refreshing any time, any meal option – breakfast, lunch or dinner.
You can get creative with some add-ons. I always look around and see if there are any left-overs (like pre-cooked Applegate Maple Chicken Sausages to dice up and throw in, or some shelled pistachios or cashews for crunch, some craisins…you’re only limited by your imagination and your taste buds!)
And don’t feel any guilt about the sweetness of maple syrup because it is a SUPERFOOD sweetener loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Egg & Spinach Salad
- 8 oz spinach (organic)
- 1/2 c. parmesan shred
- Diced red onion to taste
- 4 organic large eggs (2 for each bowl)
– nuts of your choice – I like shelled pistachios
– shred carrots
Maple Valley Maple Vinaigrette
• ½ c. olive oil
• ¼ c. Balsamic vinegar
• 1/8 c. Maple Valley organic maple syrup
• 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
• Dash salt and pepper to taste
1. Put all Vinaigrette ingredients into a bowl and whisk or put ingredients in a mason jar and shake, set aside while you prepare the salad bowls and eggs.
2. Wash all produce
3. Divide the spinach between two shallow soup or salad bowls
4. Finely chop red onion and sprinkle over each bowl of spinach to your liking
5. Sprinkle on parmesan shred cheese (1/4 cup per bowl)
6. Add any optional ingredients you desire
7. Re-whisk or shake the Maple Valley Maple Vinaigrette dressing and drizzle over salad in each bowl
8. Heat a non-stick or lightly butter or oiled skillet on medium/medium high heat, crack in your eggs.
9. Season eggs with garlic and onion powder, a little pepper, a dash of salt and a sprinkle of parsley flakes.
10. Fry eggs to your liking – sunny side up or over-easy or over-hard if you don’t like runny yokes.
11. Place two fried eggs on top of prepared salad in your bowls and ENJOY!!