Start your day the MAPLE way with these crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside classic waffles drizzled (or drenched) in Maple Valley syrup!
Yes, the classic waffle – it must be crispy on the outside, yet moist and fluffy on the inside. It needs to be flavorful and sweet but not too sweet since we all know waffles are really just a vehicle for Maple Valley syrup. It’s up to you…do you drizzle on the maple syrup, pour it on so its running and dripping off the edges or just full on drench those waffles?
We encourage creativity and this is where you can get the kids to add on even more nutrition and fuel for their day. Put out lots of topping options: blueberries, strawberries, banana slices, peaches…whatever fruits they love! Go savory with some sausage or bacon on the side or crumbled on top! Or just keep it classic – waffles, butter and pure maple syrup packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp Maple Valley maple sugar or maple syrup (if syrup, reduce milk slightly to between 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 cups)
3 large organic eggs
7 Tbsp vegetable oil (or other neutral-tasting liquid oil)
1 1/2 cups organic whole milk (or buttermilk)
1. Preheat your waffle iron before starting to mix your batter.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and maple sugar (if using maple syrup, add that with the oil and milk).
3. Make a well in the middle. Break the eggs into the well and beat lightly with a fork.
4. Add the oil and milk and stir until moistened (some lumps are ok, it doesn’t need to be smooth, just moistened).
5. Evenly distribute about a ½ cup of batter into hot waffle iron and cook until golden and crispy.
6. Serve immediately with Maple Valley organic maple syrup. Enjoy!
Optional: Add on fruit slices or pieces, nuts and/or top with real whipped cream.
**Makes four large 7-inch diameter/1-inch thick waffles using about 1/2 cup batter per waffle.