Autism Hope Alliance’s Red Velvet Pancakes
These are AHA’s favorite ASD-friendly pancakes! Find out more about this inspirational non-profit here: https://autismhopealliance.org/
- 1.5 cups bread mix (AHA recommends Pamela’s Products)
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar (or Maple Valley Maple Sugar)
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (AHA recommends Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (AHA recommends Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate non-dairy milk (AHA recommends Califia Farms Chocolate Coconut Almond Milk)
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 2 eggs (large)
- 2 Tbsp non-dairy butter, melted (AHA recommends Melt Organic Spread)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup club soda
- 1/2 tsp red food coloring (AHA recommends Color Garden)
- Whisk together all dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix all liquid ingredients.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Cook on medium-low (275-300 deg. F) on lightly oiled griddle. Scoop out about 1/4 cup of batter and smooth into a circle if batter is thick.
- Batter will take longer to cook due to the lower cooking temperature. Flip when bubbles form and rise up and pancake’s edge dulls.
- Serve with Maple Valley Syrup!
These pancakes need to cook at lower than normal temperature or they will scorch. Enjoy with Maple Valley Organic Syrup!