Maple Valley uses only certified organic ingredients in our Master Cleanse Kits
Why only organic for the Master Cleanse?
Because the goal of the master cleanse is to rid the body of toxins, it makes sense to use pure, organic ingredients during your fast. Foods grown with pesticides, herbicides, and other harmful chemicals, contain residues of these toxins that when eaten can be found stored in the human body, many with known harmful effects.
At the Organic Maple Cooperative, preserving the purity and effectiveness of the health benefits of our Maple Valley brand organic maple syrup is a top priority for the farmers who own the coop. All our organic maple syrup producers adhere to strict standards of purity and organic and sustainable production. Our certified organic maple syrup is 100 percent free of additives (including formaldehyde, the use of which is now illegal in all U.S. maple syrup production). Organic certification by an independent third party organic certifier is what assures you, the consumer, that these statements are true. Maple Valley brand organic maple products are certified by Stellar Certification Services.
Many who try the Master Cleanse and follow the regimen fully find that their health, energy level, and wellness improve after the fast and like Burroughs, they attribute this to the elimination of toxins from their system.
What grade of organic maple syrup to use?
From page 17 of Stanley Burroughs' The Master Cleanser:
"The maple syrup is a balanced form of positive and negative sugar and must be used, not some substitute.
There are three grades of maple syrup:
- Grade A is the first run - mild in taste, sweet and with fewer minerals than the other grades. It is more expensive and less desirable but it may be used.
- Grade B is the second run with more minerals plus more maple taste. It is more suitable for the diet and is less expensive.
- Grade C is the third run with even more minerals and still stronger taste of maple and slightly less pleasant for most people, although acceptable in the diet. It is lower in price.
Maple syrup has a large variety of minerals and vitamins. Naturally the mineral and vitamin content will vary according to the area where the trees grow and the mineral content in the soil.
These are the minerals found in average samples of syrup from Vermont:Information on the need and effect of these properties will be found in the Biochemistry in the back of [my] book, Healing for the Age of Enlightenment. Some uninformed operators of the sugaring of the maple syrup do use formaldehyde pellets, run through polyethylene tubing but there are many more that don’t. Search out and demand the kind that does not use formaldehyde. Maple River Valley (Maple Valley Syrup) from WI. does not use it. This is the kind I recommend."
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C, Nicotinic acid and Pantothenic Acid
Maple syrup is not only sweeter and lower in calories than sugar, research demonstrates that it contains healthful properties not present in other natural or artificial sweeteners. Specifically, researchers at the University of Rhode Island have recently demonstrated that maple syrup contains a powerful blend of antioxidants that fight cancer and inflammation. It’s also rich in important, life-giving vitamins and minerals.
Use only organic fresh squeezed lemon juice...
- Lemons grown non-organically are treated with one or more of more than 50 chemicals, including a dozen that are
listed "most toxic" by the Pesticide Action Network.
- If organic lemons are not available in your area, click here to search on the internet.
Use only organic cayenne powder or capsules...
- Research indicates that pesticides and herbicides are commonly used on Cayenne crops.
- If using capsules be sure they are GMO-free and vegetarian, as are the capsules we supply in our Maple Valley Master Cleanse Kits.
- We suggest that you open the capsules and mix the cayenne directly into your lemonade mixture. Click here to read why....
Use Grade B or darker organic maple syrup...