How to do The Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet
The Master Cleanse consists of a strict daily regimen consisting of a morning salt water flush, 6 -12 10oz glasses of Master Cleanse lemonade mixture, and a nightly laxative tea. Optionally, an occasional peppermint tea can be taken.
The fast usually lasts 10 days, but some choose longer periods of time. During the fast, the calories and nutrients in your regular diet are replaced by those from the specially prepared lemonade, which must be taken a minimum of 6 times a day. As many glasses of lemonade as desired may be taken beyond the minimum required. Water can also be taken as desired.
Following the daily regimen strictly for a minimum of 10 days will give the best results.
Burroughs emphasizes that the master cleanse eliminates toxins from the body, and he suggests helping the body along with laxative teas and salt-water cleansing. Start each morning with a Salt Water Flush.
- First do a daily "Salt Water Flush"
- Drink 6 or more glasses of the Master Cleanse organic lemonade mixture throughout the day.
For detoxification follow the above recipe. If you are underweight and are worried about losing weight while detoxifying, increase the amount of syrup in the mixture.
For weight loss less maple syrup may be taken. Decrease the syrup to 1 TBSP per glass. Six glasses a day is enough for those wishing to maximize their weight loss on the lemonade diet.
Optional: Drink an occasional cup of organic peppermint tea.
End each day with an herbal laxative tea.
Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet Tips
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup per 10 oz glass for weight loss
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup per 10 oz glass for detox
- Minimum 6 glasses lemonade per day
- Nightly herbal laxative tea
- Morning salt water flush (or if this is too harsh/explosive decrease the salt or try a quart of just warm water)
- Everything organic and purified water (most purifiers will not take out fluoride, so buy bottled water if you have fluoride in your water)
- Water and Peppermint tea are the only other things you can have while on the cleanse
- Every time you get hungry, drink another glass of lemonade!
- If you work, pre-make your lemonade and take it with you, or take your ingredients and make it fresh at work if you can, make sure you take enough!
- Don’t leave home without your lemonade!
- Rest when you’re tired and your body says rest!
- Cleanse with a group, it’s fun and you’ve got support.