How to prepare for the
"Easing in" to the master cleanse gives your body a chance to prepare for the fast. Most experts suggest a period of four to five days before you begin the actual lemonade diet. The following suggestions are intended to "ease" your body into the fast.
- Day 1 Master Cleanse Preparation Eliminate Unhealthy Foods
On the first day of easing in, begin to develop more awareness about the foods you choose and notice which are fresh and raw. Begin to focus on these types of food and eliminate all processed foods, meat, dairy, alcohol, caffeine and sugar. Choose organic whole foods. Also, start to read Stanley Burrough's The Master Cleanser, 50 pages, if you have not already.
On Day 2 completely eliminate all processed foods, meat, dairy, alcohol, caffeine and processed sugars from your meals. Instead, opt for fresh, organic fruits and fresh, organic vegetables. Eat as much of your food raw as possible. Continue reading The Master Cleanser.
- Day 2 Master Cleanse Preparation Fruits and Vegetables
Switch to a liquid diet to prepare your body and mind for the days ahead. If you have a juicer or blender, then make fresh vegetable and fruit smoothies and juices from organic produce. You can also make light vegetable soups and broths for this day. Finish reading The Master Cleanser
- Day 3 Master Cleanse Preparation Liquids Only
- Day 4 Master Cleanse Preparation Orange Juice Only
In The Master Cleanser, Stanley Burroughs cautions readers to break their fast with a day of consuming only orange juice. Use this same strategy for the last day of the easing in period. Drink several glasses of fresh-squeezed, organic orange juice during the day. If you feel hungry, you can add a tablespoon or two of maple syrup to the juice. Also drink plenty of water. At night, in preparation for starting the lemonade diet, take the laxative tea.
- Day 5 Start the Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet
Begin the Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet.
Click here for details on how to do the Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet...
Can I omit cayenne?
- Cayenne pepper is an essential ingredient in the Master Cleanse lemonade, it cannot be omitted.
- Cayenne acts synergistically and increases the effects of the cleanse. It increases circulation by dilating blood vessels and it also cuts through mucus which assists the elimination of toxins.
- Some people are not used to eating cayenne pepper and it has a strong bite to it. If you have not learned to eat cayenne pepper, you can reduce the amount but continue to keep the cayenne pepper in the lemonade. Gradually increase up to the recommended amount (1/10 tsp or 1/2 capsule) as you get used to it.
- People who use capsules do not get as good a result as people who use the pepper directly in their lemonade.
- Break open the cayenne capsule and mix 1/2 capsule into each lemonade.
*From Peter Glickman's Master Cleanse Minute